Ways to combat signs of aging without needles and breaking the bank
I turned 40 last year, so combating sings of aging is definitely one of my skin care priorities.
As we age, our skin naturally loses elasticity, collagen, and moisture, resulting in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, with the right ingredients and skincare regimen, we can help minimize the appearance of these signs of aging, preferably without needles and breaking the bank.
Here are some ingredients that can help lines and wrinkles:
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from free radical damage, which can lead to the breakdown of collagen and elastin. It also helps to brighten the skin and improve its overall texture. You can benefit from one of the most stable forms of Vitamin C with our Keep Smooth – Day & Night Serum and Preserve & Restore – Eye Cream.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in our skin that helps to retain moisture. As we age, our skin produces less hyaluronic acid, which can result in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Adding hyaluronic acid to your skincare routine can help to hydrate and plump up the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines. Now you know our secret to instantly awakening those tired eyes! Enjoy the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid with our Preserve & Restore – Eye Cream.
- Peptides: Peptides are short chains of amino acids that can help to stimulate collagen production and improve skin elasticity. They also help to reduce inflammation and improve the overall texture of the skin. Enjoy the amazing skin benefits of peptides with our Keep Smooth – Day & Night Serum and Preserve & Restore – Eye Cream.
- Retinoids: Retinoids are derivatives of vitamin A and are often referred to as the "gold standard" of anti-aging skincare. They work by increasing collagen production and reducing the breakdown of collagen, which helps to improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. While retinoids are a popular ingredient for treating fine lines and wrinkles, I’ve opted out from using this ingredient in our products for many reasons. It can be irritating to the skin, especially for those with sensitive skin and can cause redness, dryness, and peeling. They can also increase sensitivity to the sun, so it's important to wear sunscreen and avoid excessive sun exposure while using retinoids. Additionally, retinoids should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide, also known as vitamin B3, helps to improve the skin's barrier function, which can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps to brighten the skin and even out skin tone. Our Keep Smooth – Day & Night Serum, Hold Tight – Overnight Moisturizer, and Preserve & Restore – Eye Cream are formulated with this ani-aging staple.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs): AHAs are a group of acids, including glycolic acid and lactic acid, that help to exfoliate the skin and improve its texture. They can also help to stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. AHA is another ingredient that can be irritating to your skin depending on the concentration and formulation. That’s why I have chosen a natural sources of AHA - Hibiscus, for our products so it is gentle on your skin and even those with sensitive skin can benefit from this ingredient. Experience the difference with our Fresh Canvas – Exfoliating Powder.
- Green Tea: Green tea contains antioxidants that help to protect the skin from free radical damage. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce redness and improve skin texture. Want to pack your skin with antioxidants? While green tea extract is part of our Fragrance with Purpose in several of our products, it is one of the key ingredients in our Revitalizing Glow – Facial Treatment.
Enjoy the anti-aging benefits of many of these ingredients with our Spa Set!
Packed with all the goodness, WITHOUT NEEDLES AND BREAKING THE BANK!
As always, it's important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, including eating a balanced diet, staying hydrated, and wearing sunscreen to protect the skin from further damage. Now you know my secrets to younger looking skin. My philosophy is, we all age, why not age gracefully?